Financial Assistance in the form of loans and grants is available to qualified students. KHS makes every possible effort to aid those students who need financial assistance in order to complete their college programs. Applicants in need should apply for financial assistance at the same time they apply for admission to Kentucky Horseshoeing School. Some types of aid available are:
Federal Pell Grant
Direct Unsubsidized Loans
Direct PLUS Loans
Direct Consolidation Loans
WIA Workforce Investment Act
Veteran Administration Benefits
Students seeking financial assistance through any of the available programs should request information and appropriate financial aid counseling from KHS. The Financial Aid Administrator will be pleased to assist in completing and submitting all forms to the appropriate agency/lender. The student is responsible for providing accurate information. Financial aid consists of Grants, Scholarships and Loans. Please remember that loans must be repaid and should not be considered entitlements.
There is a wide variety of scholarship opportunities available, all with different criteria.
• Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
The FSEOG is awarded to students with exceptional financial need – those with the lowest Expected Family contribution (EFC) as determined by the FAFSA. The award is administered directly by the financial aid office. Federal pell Grant recipients receive priority for FSEOG awards. Detailed information can be found on the Department of Education website.
Under the U.S. Department of Education reminded all institutions of higher education participating in the Section 18004(a)(1) CARES Act grant program, the Kentucky Horseshoeing School, Inc. in the state of KY and at OPE ID 04239600, has received $20755 in Student Aid.
- Kentucky Horseshoeing School has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- $16,300.00 has been in Emergency Financial Aid Grants has been distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission.
- KHS estimates a total of 14 students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- 12 students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Kentucky Horseshoeing School uses the Student EFC as determined by their ISIR, in addition to a written application required by all students who desire emergency aid to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
The COVID-19 Emergency Assistance fund helps with education-related expenses associated with the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. This fund is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in a program that met on campus prior to the transition to online classes. At this time the maximum amount of emergency assistance that will be provided by this grant is $1,200.00. This funding is limited to students who are eligible to receive federal financial aid. Students are encouraged to apply no later than June 30, 2020.
Please complete an application for assistance, located at the admissions desk, and return to the KHS financial aid office. The financial aid office will review your request and may contact you for further information. If funding is approved, the grant funds will be disbursed to your student account. Disbursements from this fund will not be applied to an outstanding balance on your student account.
Federal Financial Aid Deadlines
Steps to Apply
Status of Financial Aid Application
Change in Information